|Navigation Bar Placeholder|
Benefits of Living a Life that Blesses the LORD God.
5. "and forget not all His benefits", the benefits of living like David where
he wanted all that was in his life to BLESS the LORD God. David sung at
night across the silent hills reminding first of all his soul to bless God, then
reminding all that was within him not to forget the benefits from LORD God!
a. In the verses to follow, Psalm 103:3-5, first the very personal fringe
benefits of blessing God are listed.
"(1) Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; (2) who healeth all thy diseases;
(3) Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; (3) who crowneth thee
with lovingkindness and tender mercies; (4) Who satisfieth thy mouth
with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's." (Psa
b. "Count your very personal blessings first, name them one by one".
(1) Forgiveness of all sins, at new birth and afterwards, is a big satisfying
benefit that warms the heart, mind, and soul. Even the fact that it can
happen daily as required, warms the heart, with the proper confession of
sins and the asking for forgiveness.
(2) Yes, a benefit is healing from God whether it is through a miracle,
medicine and physicians, or the body taking care of itself under the care of
(3) This third benefit speaks of man as God's Crown of Creation, and man's
trusting soul that is entitled to "lovingkindness and tender mercies" from the
LORD God Himself.
(4) Provides good food to eat so that youth can be renewed at any age.
c. Benefits to a trusting LORD-God-community and nation.
"The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are
oppressed. He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the
children of Israel." (Psalm 103:6,7)
(2). Judgment and Justice;
(3). Freedom from oppression;
(4). God in OT times made His proper ways and lifestyle known in the Law
of Moses and in the Prophets, major and minor.
(5). With the total Bible of 66 books, the oracles of God committed to
Israel along with Jesus, God acts were made known to Israel and the New